Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Retired Greyhound II

I decided to write about this poem because I read it and I found it to be pretty interesting. I am a real dog lover and it was intruiging to read a poem describing how animals may feel. In this poem, the dog has experience being abused and because of this, the dog is scared and skiddish to any human. The dog shows some compassion towards the woman, who was attacked by a dog. It was cool to see the irony in that the woman liked the dog, although she didnt like dogs becuase she was hurt by one and the dog liked the woman, although he was abused by a human. it seemed as though this pair had some sort of connection that drew them together, regardless of their awful past experiences. It goes to show that no matter the dreadful experiences one is put through, there is hope that something or someone will come along and maybe change things. I wish we could have had time in class to talk about this poem because after class discussions, I always get a better, more in depth understanding of what was read.

No comments:

Post a Comment