Wednesday, April 17, 2013

We Real Cool

I decided to write about one of the simplest and easiest poems to understand. "We Real Cool" is written by Gwendolyn Brooks. When I first read this poem, I read it as if it were just another poem and didn't really care much for it becuase it wasn't too intruiging. After Sweeney played the video of Gwendolyn Brooks reading the poem that she had written, I was immediately more interested. I reread the poem in class and imagined her reading it along with me. It was very simple, very unique, and I imagine very realistic for some people. It is crazy to see how big of a difference a poem can change just by hearing the person who wrote it, read it, the way they  meant for it to be read. To me, the poem went from meaningless to heart renching, because she put her all into that poem to show the feelings and emotion behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment